These have included missions to:
- Bangalore, Chennai and Mumbai, for tech, edtech and enterprise businesses aimed at identifying local partnerships and business opportunities.
- Beijing, Hangzhou, Shenzhen and Shanghai for tech and fintech companies looking to grow in China.
- BioJapan, the premier partnering event for the global biotechnology industry.
- Japan, where six of London’s fastest-growing tech companies explored the opportunities on offer.
- Dubai, Melbourne and Sydney – tailored towards retailtech and edtech companies.
What happens on a mission?
Companies are given unique access to on-the-ground stakeholders who can make the difference when it comes to international expansion. Typically, there’s an opportunity to network with local leaders, politicians and startups as well as sector experts and major corporates (past missions have included meetings with Tata Group, Wipro and Alibaba).
There’s a diverse range of topics to explore, from raising investment to developing new networks and identifying new customers.
Each mission is led by either a dedicated Trade Manager, Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London or Rajesh Agrawal, Deputy Mayor of London for Business and is usually attended by one or more of the programme’s partners. Companies benefit from the unique experiences and knowledge they bring to the mission.