About Tableau Software
Tableau's mission is to help people see and understand data.
Founded in 2003, Tableau's software products put the power of data into the hands of everyday people, allowing a broad population of business users to engage with their data, solve problems and create value. Tableau is designed for anyone with data and questions.
As of June 30, 2016, more than 46,000 organisations use Tableau in a broad range of use cases such as increasing sales, streamlining operations, improving customer service, managing investments, assessing quality and safety, studying and treating diseases, and improving education.
Why did you choose to set up / expand in London?
London is such a rich and varied ecosystem in which businesses cannot only take root, but thrive. The city offers diversity, international reach and talent from around the world. All of these are important to us for developing as a business - whether it's attracting and keeping top talent, to expanding our reach and growing the business.
Additionally, its position between the U.S, the Middle East and continental Europe mean that we have a friendly time zone for collaborating as a global team.
How did London & Partners help your company set up / expand?
London & Partners helped us get established in London by recommending the best locations and offices for us to consider during our move from Richmond, Surrey. They knew our company culture and values well and ensured that our office location would not only match these values, but help us flourish here in London.
London & Partners continue to help us through their network and knowledge of the London landscape by brokering introductions to other tech companies and most recently, suggesting the perfect venue for our largest customer event in the UK.
Key Achievements / Results Post-Expansion in London
Since our move to the Blue Fin Building in 2013, we have continued to focus on our mission to help people see and understand their data.
Key results include:
- For the three months ended June 30, 2016, our international revenue grew to $57.1 million, up 55% year over year
- In London, we achieved Best Companies 3 Star Accreditation status and has been named as one of The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For 2016”
- Announced Tableau for Non Profits programme, providing Tableau licences and training to UK charities (Nov 2015)
- Hosted Tableau Conference on Tour in London with our largest event to date in 2016, with 1,000+ data enthusiasts at Tobacco Dock
- We opened our very first EU data centre in response to the growing demand for cloud analytics amongst customers around the world
“Our relationship with London & Partners has been nothing but positive over the years. They took the time to truly get to know our brand and then guide us through the process of setting up here in London, and have continued to provide great support as we have grown from our small initial footprint to a thriving EMEA hub serving thousands of customers with hundreds of staff.”
James Eiloart, Senior Vice President, EMEA, Tableau