The Golden Triangle
- London sits at the heart of the Cambridge - London - Oxford Golden Triangle within the greater south east of England, providing an outstanding entry point to the UK market, supported by MedCity, which provides a front door to the region’s life sciences capability.
- Home to the strongest biosciences cluster in Europe of over 3,700 companies with industry spanning everything from advanced therapies to digital technologies and AI.
- Direct access to London’s world-leading financial centre.
Discover how Orchard therapeutics is flourishing in London.
A gateway to academic excellence and talent
- A base for world-renowned academic excellence providing sought-after depth and breadth of knowledge. Five medical schools, three dental schools and institutions including the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the Institute of Cancer Research.
- Five universities in the top twenty for life sciences and medicine globally, including Cambridge, Oxford, UCL, Imperial and King’s College London.
- 185,000 life sciences students and 55,000 graduates across the greater south east of England.
A power house for research and development
- 140 specialist services and 39 acute trusts including Great Ormond Street, Guys and St Thomas and the Royal Marsden.
- A diverse community of 8.3 million patients, a third of whom were born outside of the UK.
- A developing landscape for innovation support and infrastructure, including the Francis Crick Institute, the King’s Cross Knowledge Quarter, Imperial White City campus, the planned London Cancer Hub, the £250m Dementia Research Institute headquartered at UCL and London Advanced Therapies.
Strengths and specialisms
- Advanced therapies
- Digital health
- Health data research
- Rare diseases
- Mental health
Hear why FundamentalVR, a company specialising in virtual reality surgical simulations chose London for its headquarters.